- Work on a theoretical 3 day conference and submit a portfolio and presentation
- Design, plan and work on a themed dinner
- Produce a blog which tracks their progress
- Collaborate in a group to produce the end result.
- Produce a reflection of the process based on these questions;
Write a paragraph reflecting on how well your team/you performed (critical group/self reflection) e.g. what you did well, what you could have done better, what you found difficult, what was easy. How well did you as a team problem solve in an effort to deal with difficult issues.
These reflections were sent to me via email and will form the basis of my individual feedback to them.
I intend to meet with each group and offer verbal feedback on their portfolios. Then I will provide individual feedback via email and provide information on any re-sits for those students that have not put enough team effort into the group work.
There is plenty of evidence to show which students did not contribute effectively to the group and there is opportunity for them to submit further work. So far these new processes have worked and the students feel that the process has been fair and equal. This has been possible by the fact that there are only 10 students in the class, I will have to re-think this process if the class size increased dramatically.